Path: Home Page > Points of Interest
The historical center - In the heart of the historical center there is the T. G. Masaryk Square with many preserved historical buildings, a public fountain and the Holy Trinity column.
The town park - The town park in Česká Lípa was founded in 1875. It is one of the biggest in Bohemia (100 ha). In the park has been built a musical pavilion and a stone group with pieces of all the rocks occurring in the surroundings of Česká Lípa. Presently there are also children's playgrounds and open air fitness in the park.
Old Jewish cemetery - Closed down in 1905, reportedly founded in 1479. The oldest monument was placed on the eastern front of the wall. Among the numerous valuable monuments the most remarkable is the pyramidal column of black granite. It indicates the final resting place of the 32 Jews and their rabbi which had been brutally tortured to death by the pandours in the attack of 1745.
The Augustinian monastery - It was founded by Albrecht von Wallenstein in 1627 as the Latin school. In the centre of its cloister there is a Loretto chapel from 1698. In the axis of the western wing of the cloister there is the former Trinity chapel with an altarpiece by Ignatz Raab. In the southern wing the Holy staircase had been built. At present in the building there is the local history museum and picture gallery (Vlastivědné muzeum a galerie).
The café Union - It is a valuable Art Nouveau building. It has been built in 1906 - 1907 by the construction company John & Jisba. Successfully restored it the nineties of the 20th century, the building currently serves as coffee house again.
The water castle Lipý - Originally a castle from the 13th century was rebuilt to a renaissance palace in the 16th century. In the 19th century it served as campanologic manufactory, school or sugar factory. In the fifties of the 20th century the palace had been blasted. Presently visitors can visit a court, rare vaults with archaelogical findings and an exposition in a portal-tower.
The Renaissance hunting lodge, The Red House - Originally a hunting lodge constructed in 1583 by Dětřich Jiří Berka z Dubé. In 1883 professor Steffen had stylishly restored it. The murals on the inner walls are mostly destroyed, on the front there is a band with hunting scenes and over the columns there is a gallery of pictures of man and women; the middle face is told to be a portrait of the famous Italian poet Dante. Restoration works in 1931-1933 and 1983. At present it serves the purposes of the local museum.
The Centre for textile printing - The interactive exposition presents technologies of textile printing and offers the possibility to try them.
The church of The Holy Cross is a gothic building with one nave, a five-sided vestibule and a tent-like roof originally from 1389. The high altar is from 1697. On the southern wall it has a portal with the coat-of arms of the family Berka z Dubé a Lipé. This church is the oldest gothic church in Česká Lípa, preserved in its medieval appearance.